The simple answer to this inquiry is that it is simple however, not simple to pass your Driving Test very first time out. Simple in as much as it’s not Rocket Science or Quantum Physics or Nuclear Fusion but a calculated sequence of techniques and checks that put together in the correct order should ensure success.
Planning is definitely the key to success in anything in life as well as the Driving Test is no different …no different at all! You don’t Plan? …You don’t Pass! … it really is so easy! So what exactly is there to plan you might well ask.
Before we take a look at all that we ourselves need to do let’s look at the Transport. For sure… what is there to become bothered with when thinking about your vehicle? Quite a lot actually!
(1) You should know your automobile inside out. Quite literally. The newest Technical checks towards the Irish Driving Test were introduced on the 14th February 2005. They contain three questions taken at random through the examiner away from 12 categories and will include all of the systems that you simply find underneath the Hood which we in Europe call the Bonnet! These include Oil; Coolant; Brake fluid; Screen wash; Power Steering Fluid; Tires; Lights; Foot Brake; Parking Brake; Brake Lights; Steering Wheel;
(2) Secondary Controls…all the knobs and switches which are present in every Modern Car and some that are not found in most models. You simply will not only have to know their respective functions and definitely will be needed to function all equipment adequately during the Test without taking your vision off the Road. This is best described as Touchy-Feely!
(3) Paperwork requirements…which in Ireland are Road Tax…Compulsory Insurance…as well as in the case of all cars over 36 months old the NCT certificate (MOT) within the U.K. Not forgetting your Provisional License obviously. In case you have just purchased a car in the lead approximately your Driving Test the failure of any Garage to provide you with the required documentation to enable you to Road Tax your Car is not going to carry any weight. In case your car will not adhere to the legal requirements your Driving Test is definitely not completed under any circumstances!
(4) Worse still you are going to lose your fee and become put towards the end of the long waiting list. In fact it is long, very long and getting longer from the minute! Insufficient focus on the facts mentioned in this post is one of the premiere factors behind the lengthy delays to get a Driving Test appointment.
(5) Changing an automobile on the last minute prior to Earlier Driving Test is also a recipe that will keep you from passing the Driving Test First Time. It takes even a skilled Driver quite some hours to acclimatize to a different car. A learner will take even longer and will not have the essential skills set to handle dramatic differences in a strange car. A Driving Test is hard enough without shooting yourself within the foot.
(6) If repairs are necessary for your regular car through the lead up to a Driving Test then don’t leave points to the last minute since spare parts sometimes are not always available out of the box along with your beloved Motor may be sunning itself on the top of a ramp when you should be piloting it to your Very First Time Driving Test Pass. In desperate situations it should take a minimum of eight hours tuition and practise for an individual who may be absolutely ready for that Driving Test to change cars and have a hope of passing. As being a general rule no Professional Driving School will hire out an automobile for that test without having assessed the Pupil’s skills then insisting on at the very least eight or ten hours practise to be entitled to hire. Should you be on the borderline within the skills department a Driving Instructor may well decide not to offer you the car for hire for the Driving Test. You will find safety and reputation implications that need considering in this particular scenario.
(7) You have to be very familiar with the general area where Driving Tests take place and really should practise regularly at different times during the day and other days of the week. You won’t know the significance of different traffic flows until you do. Should you be caught outside in particular spot because it’s Friday afternoon and the whole Universe is heading down this specific stretch of road to get back home after having a gruelling week then you certainly just have yourself to blame for creating a mess of things. Here we have now the planning aspect (or rather lacking it) rearing its ugly head again. Any one badly or dangerously executed manoeuvre due to stress in heavy traffic will mean the dreaded Grade Three fault as well as a “Sorry you haven’t been successful this time around ” remark from your Examiner when back to the Driving Test Centre. Guess whose fault this result is? It certainly isn’t the Examiners or the heavy traffic!
(8) If you have along method to drive to get to the Driving Test Centre then leave ample time in order to arrive at least ten or a quarter-hour early .Arriving early could mean that you will be taken out just a little heiyms which may turn out to be beneficial and there again it may not. Either way in case you are six minutes late (for whatever reason) its bye, bye Test are available back next season! Oh yes and that will be another 38 Euro please!
We haven’t even begun to talk yet concerning the various manoeuvres and the Techniques which will be sure that your Very First Time Pass but we now have covered the main elements of the Car requirements and certain protocols all around the Driving Test. We are going to discuss the different techniques and skills necessary to satisfy a Driving Examiner within an accompanying article.